Compiled by Marja Juhola.
It has been a while since the last recap but here’s a selection of links to resources and blogs that we have found interesting in the last couple of months.
- Remember to sign up for the SCET/SKA winter workshop on 27 Feb! Sign-up is here!
- The Call for Papers for ELTForum 2015 is on.
- If you want to catch up on edutopia’s articles from 2014, this is a good place to start: Edutopia’s Top 10 for 2014.
- Teacher burnout can happen to any of us – see here for some tips on how to prevent it.
- Could we use Lego in the classroom?
- Do you have a difficult class? Advice from Heidi Butkus.
- These ideas by Angela Watson work in the EFL classroom too: 8 ways teachers can talk less and get kids talking more.
- This amazing site has a list of 100 places where you can download books – legally!
For the classroom
- Songs are a great way to approach grammar and here is Adam Simpson’s suggestion on using them to teach the conditionals.
- These questions were designed to kickstart and strengthen a romantic relationship but some could be used in the classroom too! 🙂
- Have you ever used memes in the classroom? Have a look at these ideas by Mrs Orman.
Just for Laughs
- See what some creative teachers have done. Very funny!
- Taking marking tests to another level!
- 33 Problems That All Teachers Will Understand.